Pet Grooming – Important Tips To Help Choose The Best Dog Groomer
With that said though, even if you choose to go with a professional dog groomer we still suggest that you perform some of the simpler grooming activities such as brushing your dog’s coat, eye checking or cleaning, etc.
A professional dog groomer can definitely offer a huge help to keep your dog clean and healthy but you have to be aware that not all dog groomers are the same. There are some that can do more harm than good for your dog and leave your dog disliking being groomed.
With this in mind, in this article we will be providing you with some tips as well as some questions that you need ask the dog groomer to make sure that they offer a thorough and professional service and will treat your dogs well.
Here are some helpful tips in choosing a professional dog groomer.
1. Ask around. What better way to start your search than by hearing what other people’s experiences are from certain pet salons or dog groomers. Word travels fasts and one friend’s experience may save you a lot of time and money. Asking around is also the best way to narrow down your search. You can also ask around in dog forums or chat rooms about dog groomers that people recommend.
2. Visit the pet salon or the groomer’s office. After narrowing down your targets it’s now time that you pay the dog groomer a visit. Is their salon clean? Are the staff members friendly and accommodating? Is their equipment up to date and clean? Are the dogs being treated gently or roughly? Is the place well lit? Do they have proper business permits and certifications?
3. Tell them all about your dog’s needs. During your visit make sure that you also inform them of what your dog’s needs or habits are. If your dog has certain problems or conditions, make sure to inform the groomer and ask if they can provide the services you require.
4. Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions you think of. By asking questions you find out more about the pet salon and you can even see how patient they are when dealing with their clients.
5. Check if the price they offer fits your budget. Let’s face it; sending your dog to the groomers isn’t cheap. With that said, there are still reputable groomers out there that can offer you just what you need if you take the time to look for them.
Bear in mind though, you usually get what you pay for when dealing with groomers so be sure not to immediately jump in on the the cheapest service offered. Try to compare prices first before deciding which one to choose.
7. Trust your gut. This is very important. If you’re getting a bad vibe from a certain salon then immediately cross it out from your list. You may be thinking, “what if I was wrong?” Well, let’s look at it this way, what if you were right? No matter how nice or professional a dog grooming salon may look like, if your gut is telling you, no, then don’t second guess yourself and choose another location.
We believe that the tips above will definitely be of use to you if you decide to get your dog groomed by a professional groomer.